This “Wintry Berry Crisp” was absolutely wonderful!
- 4 cups frozen organic mixed berries
- 3 tbsp unrefined coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp potato starch
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup oat flour (I just ground a 1/2 cup of oats in my coffee grinder)
- 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup grass fed butter, softened
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a medium bowl, combine frozen berries and toss them with the coconut sugar, cinnamon, and potato starch.
- Place into a 9×9 inch pan.
- In another bowl combine the oats, oat flour, nutmeg, cinnamon and coconut sugar.
- With a pastry cutter or fork, cut in the room temperature butter.
- The mixture will become a crumbly mixture.
- Top the berries with this crumbly mixture and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
Nutrition Info: Calories: 174.0 Fat: 7.4g Carbohydrates: 32.8g Protein: 1.2g
- Serving Size: 1 piece