A Wholesome Celebration of Natural Sugars ~ Cinnamon Apple Pear Almond Crumble.
- 1 cup oats
- 3/4 cup + 1 tbs whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup raw turbinado sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup raw almonds, chopped small
- 2 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- 6tbs cold butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 3 large pears-peeled, cored, thinly sliced
- 3 large apples-peeled, cored, thinly sliced
- 2tbs fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375°. Coat an 8-by-11-inch baking dish with oil.
- In a medium bowl, mix: oats, 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour, sugar, salt, chopped almonds, 1tsp ceylon cinnamon. Cut in butter and incorporate with hands until crumbly. Mix in apple sauce.
- Place peeled, cored, and thinly sliced apples and pears into a large bowl. With hands, gently mix in lemon juice, 1tbs whole wheat pastry flour, and 1 tsp ceylon cinnamon.
- Pour fruit mixture evenly into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the oat mixture on top. Bake for 35 minutes. Cover with tinfoil, and bake for an additional 10 minutes until fruit is tender and topping is golden.
If you choose to use a different type of cinnamon, use slightly less than 2tsps. Ceylon cinnamon is a very mild cinnamon.
I used 3 large pears and 6 small apples. Adjust the amount of fruit to your liking.
This recipe is originally inspired by a recipe by Suki Hertz at:
Food and Wine
- Serving Size: 1 Serving