These organic coconut flour cut out cookies are delicious, yet healthy.
- 1/4 cup butter or ghee – you can buy ghee here
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener of choice. I used dry granulated honey and it was great!
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt – You can buy it here
- 1/2 cup coconut flour – You can buy it here
- 1–2 tbsp tapioca flour/starch – You can buy it here
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the butter or ghee, granulated sweetener, egg, baking powder vanilla extract and the unrefined sea salt and blend with a handheld blender for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add coconut flour and blend until combined.
- Allow the dough to sit for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes add 1 tbsp of tapioca flour and knead dough until firm. If it is sticky or not firm, add another tbsp of tapioca flour.
- Dust a surface with tapioca flour and roll out to desired thickness. I rolled mine out about 3/8″ thick.
- Use cookie cutters and cut desired shapes and place on cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool before frosting.