These paleo cookies are made with with no refined sugar so they are the perfect healthy treat!
- 1 cup blanched almond butter
- 2 tbsp raw honey or grade b maple syrup or granulated sweetener of choice
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2–3 tbsp tapioca flour or arrowroot flour (use 2 tbsp for cookie like final product and use 3 tbsp if you want a scone like final product). See note below.
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4–1/2 cup gluten free mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- With a handheld mixer blend together almond butter, honey, vanilla and egg.
- In another bowl, combine tapioca flour, baking soda and sea salt.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. I like to use a wooden spoon or my hands to stir in the flour.
- When flour in well combined with wet ingredients, stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Spoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet. If you want, you can roll into a ball too.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Allow to cool before eating. Makes 1 dozen.
Update: I revised this recipe to use tapioca flour or arrowroot flour. You can use either: arrowroot flour creates a more light and fluffy cookie and has great texture. Tapioca flour creates a more chewy and cake like final product.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 193 Fat: 14.2g Carbs: 12 g Protein: 5.5g
- Serving Size: 1 cookie