So many people get scared by the thought of making fresh pasta. It is so easy and I have the easiest gluten-free pasta recipe ever!
- 1 1/4 cup Now Foods Gluten Free All Purpose Flour (I have tried other brands of all purpose gluten free blends and this is hands down my favorite brand)!
- 2 tbsp + more for dusting Now Foods Tapioca Flour
- 2 tsp xanthan gum (this is needed to help hold the dough together)
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 large egg
- 1/8–1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg (this makes the pasta, try not to leave this out)
- In a food processor, add the all purpose flour and xanthan gum and pulse several times.
- Add in egg and egg yolks and pulse until combine. Mixture will be crumbly.
- Add in water and run food processor until sticky dough forms (about 10 seconds).
- Remove dough and place onto a floured surface (use the tapioca flour to flour the hard surface).
- Knead in 2 tbsp tapioca flour or until the dough forms into a ball and is no longer sticky.
- Allow the dough to rest at room temperature for an hour. Do not skip this step. The dough will be so much easier to work with.
- Roll the dough out onto a floured surface. If it sticks, simply add more tapioca flour to the top and bottom of the dough (or both sides) as you roll it out. Roll out to 1/8″ thick or until very thin.
- Cut the dough into desired strips or shapes and place into a heavily salted pot of boiling water.
- Cook for 4 minutes or until tender. Do not overcook. Fresh pasta takes a lot less time to cook then packaged pastas.
- Drain and toss with some olive oil. Toss with favorite sauce and serve immediately.
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Calories: 263.7 Fat: 5.7g Carbs: 45.6g Protein: 6.8g
- Serving Size: 1 serving