Blueberry Lemon Grain Free Scones Recipe from Everyday Grain-free Baking.
- 2 ¾ cups blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter (or palm shortening)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/3 cup dried blueberries
- 1 teaspoon butter (or coconut oil)
- Optional: Coconut crystals or maple sugar for sprinkling on top
- In a food processor, combine the almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Pulse in the cold butter (or palm shortening) until it’s well incorporated. If you don’t have a food processor, use a pastry cutter to cut the butter (or shortening) into the dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, lemon juice, zest, and honey until well combined.
- Using a spoon, stir the dry mixture into the wet mixture until thoroughly combined. Then fold in the blueberries. Place dough in fridge to cool about 10–15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F while dough is chilling. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Sprinkle your work surface with a handful of blanched almond flour. Melt a teaspoon of butter (or coconut oil) for brushing the tops of the scones.
- Once dough is chilled, gather it together in a ball and place floured surface. Shape the dough into a 6×6-inch square, then cut it in half twice to form 4 small squares. Next, cut each of the 4 small squares in half diagonally to form 8 small triangles.
- Brush the tops of the scones with melted butter (or coconut oil). Sprinkle tops with a little bit of coconut crystals or maple sugar, if desired.
- Using a spatula, gently place each scone onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake about 15–18 minutes, until scones are light golden brown along the edges. Serve warm with your favorite herbal or green tea.
Reprinted with permission from Everyday Grain-Free Baking
- Serving Size: 1 scone