This grain free & gluten free pie crust is flakey, and taste amazing.
- 1/4 cup quinoa flour
- 1/3 cup potato starch + 1 tbsp (not potato flour) and some for dusting
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold grass fed butter
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a food processor add quinoa flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, blanched almond flour and unrefined sea salt.
- Pulse a few times until well blended.
- Add in cold butter and pulse until mixture resembles a crumbly mixture.
- Add egg and pulse until dough forms.
- If the dough is too soft or sticky, add a little more potato starch.
- Dust some potato starch between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Roll out dough into a 10? circle.
- Carefully place dough into a pie dish and remove parchment paper.
- Crimp the sides of the pastry to build up the sides a bit.
- Add filling of choice and bake according to recipes instructions.
- If you need a pre cooked pie shell then prick pie crust with a fork and bake for about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Info: Calories: 209.9 Fat: 15.4g Carbohydrates: 15.8g Protein: 2.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of pie crust