Learn how to brine your chicken to create the juiciest honey chicken holistic recipe ever! You will love the sweet honey glaze on this chicken.
- 1 whole organic chicken (4–5 pounds)
- 1/2 gallon filtered water
- 1/3 cup unrefined sea salt
- 1/3 cup sucanat
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 large plastic bag
- 3 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp apricot jam
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Cut chicken up (see video above).
- Make your brine by simply dissolving 1/3 cup kosher salt and 1/3 cup sucanat in 2 cups boiling water. Add this to a 1/2 gallon of filtered water and 1 1/2 tsp black pepper and any other spices that you might want to add. Allow the mixture to chill completely.
- Place the cut up chicken into a gallon size ziplock bag and pour the cold brine over the chicken.
- Place bag into refrigerator and let sit for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour remove the chicken, discard brine, and rinse 2 times. Do not season your chicken with more salt during the baking process.
- Now place your chicken onto a broiling pan and bake at 375° F until the internal temperature reaches 140ºF (this is not the finished temperature!)
- In the meantime mix together your glaze. In a small bowl Mix together 3 tbsp raw honey (heated slightly to melt), 2 tbsp apricot jam and 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon.
- When the temperature reaches the temperature of 140ºF (after about 30 minutes cooking time), baste your chicken with the glaze leaving a little bit for a final glaze.
- Continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 160ºF.
- Baste the final glaze on your chicken and cook until internal temperature of the thickest part of the chicken reaches 165ºF.
- Remove the bird and allow to sit for 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 4 servings