This cajun shrimp and rice bowl is full of flavor!
- 1 cup uncooked organic jasmine rice (I like Lundberg Brand because it is verified as a non GMO)
- 1 1/4 pound medium wild caught shrimp peeled, deveined and tails and heads removed.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp cajun seasoning blend (salt free)
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp liquid aminos (gluten free choice) or soy sauce
- 1/8–1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper (depending on how hot you like it)
- parmesan cheese to garnish
- In the morning add 1 cup of jasmine rice to 1 1/2 cup water and 1 tbsp of lemon juice. Allow to sit for 8 hours. When it is time to cook, add 1 tbsp butter and 1 tsp salt to the pan and follow the cooking instructions given for the jasmine rice. Note, if using regular rice then replace the 1 1/2 cup water with 2 cups water.
Cooking Instructions For Shrimp
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Start cooking the rice as directed.
- In the meantime, mix together olive oil, cajun seasoning blend, lemon juice, parsley, liquid aminos and the cayenne pepper.
- Place the shrimp in a shallow baking dish.
- Pour sauce over shrimp and place in the oven when the rice only has 10 minutes remaining to cook.
- Cook shrimp until they turn slightly pink and are done, about 8-10 minutes.
- Pour shrimp and sauce over the rice and stir.
- Top with parmesan cheese and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 serving