Here is a delicious gluten and grain free chicken pot pie that I promise won’t disappoint!
- 1 serving (the whole recipe) of homemade condensed cream of chicken, see recipe
- 1 gluten and grain free pie crust, see recipe
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or grass fed butter
- 1 cup carrots cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup celery cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup onion cut into small pieces
- 1 organic potato chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 2 cups cooked organic chicken cut into pieces.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Make the condensed cream of chicken soup and set aside.
- In a skillet, over medium heat sauté carrots, onions, and celery until slightly tender (about 5-7 minutes).
- In a large bowl add potatoes, peas, chicken and the cooked carrots, celery and onions.
- Add the homemade condensed cream of chicken soup and mix well and place in an ungreased 9-inch pie dish. You can also use individual ramekins if you want (as shown in the picture)
- Prepare the crust as directed in the recipe, but do not bake and do not put in the pie dish.
- Drape the rolled out pie crust dough over the top of the vegetable mixture in the pie pan and crimp the edges. There is no crust on the bottom.
- Add small slits into the crust to allow the steam to escape while cooking.
- Cook for 1 hour.
- Allow cooling for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Info: Calories: 383.0 Fat: 23.5g Carbohydrates: 27.8g Protein: 15.9g
- Serving Size: 1 piece