This recipe for organic grass-fed short ribs are so delicious and so tender.
- 3–4 pounds of grass fed short ribs
- 2 tbsp sprouted flour, oat flour or spelt flour
- 1 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp grass fed butter
- 1 sweet onion sliced thinly
- 3 tbsp sucanat
- 1 tsp molasses
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder or sprouted flour
- On a plate combine flour salt and pepper. Mix well.
- In a large dutch oven melt butter over medium high heat and brown the ribs on all sides.
- Transfer ribs to a crock pot and turn the crockpot to low heat.
- Deglaze the pan with about 1/4 cup of red wine. Add remaining wine to the pan and add the sucanat, molasses, red wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard, and chili powder. Mix until everything is well blended and dissolved.
- Pour this mixture over the ribs and cook in the crockpot on low heat for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours remove the ribs and turn the crockpot to high. Add the 2 tbsp flour or arrowroot powder and allow to cook for 10 minutes. The sauce should thicken to a nice gravy. If you need to, you can add a bit more flour if it isn’t thick enough.
- Serve over rice.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving