- 2 pounds grass fed round steak (no thicker than 3/4 thick)
- 4 tbsp potato starch seasoned heavily with salt and pepper
- grass fed butter to brown the meat
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1–16 oz can tomato and green chilies (or 5–6 fresh tomatoes, chopped)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 tbsp liquid aminos
- 1 cup water
- Cut round steak into 6 pieces.
- Tenderize steaks by using a back of a knife or a meat mallet and slightly pound each side.
- Dip meat into the seasoned potato starch and lightly coat.
- In a large skillet melt some butter over medium heat.
- Place steaks into pan and brown both sides of the meat.
- Place meat into crockpot once browned.
- Add the onions to the pan (add a little more butter if needed) and cook until slightly tender.
- Pour cooked onions over the steak in the crockpot.
- Deglaze the pan with liquid aminos and red wine.
- Pour all the tidbits that were in the pan, the wine and liquid aminos over the steak.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, and water and mix well.
- Pour this mixture over the steaks.
- Place lid on crockpot and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Serve over brown rice or spaghetti squash.
Nutrition Info: Calories: 274.6 Fat: 5.9g Carbohydrates: 17.8g Protein: 34.7g
- Serving Size: 1 serving