Are you looking for a gluten free and grain free, Paleo cereal recipe that has a terrific crunch even at the last bite? Look no further, here it is!
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 pound Raw Almonds (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- heaping 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1/3 cup Raw Honey (melted slightly)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup Coconut Flakes
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
- Preheat oven to lowest setting. If using a dehydrator, dehydrate at 165º F.
- In a Vitamix or high powered blender, add almonds and blend until an almond meal (fine consistency) forms. Don’t over blend your butter will form. Add to a large bowl.
- Add the shredded coconut (not flakes, that comes in later) and hot water to the high-powered blender and blend for 1 minute. Strain and reserve liquid, AKA coconut milk.
- Add the coconut flour, cinnamon, and salt to the almond flour mixture and stir to blended.
- In a medium bowl combine the coconut milk, honey, and vanilla and stir until blended.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Stir in flaked coconut and dried cranberries and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir lightly one more time and then place this mixture onto a cookie sheet lined with ungreased parchment paper. Pat out into a thin layer.
- If you have a dehydrator, you can use your tray made for fruit leather. You will have to flip it over half way through the cooking time.
- Cook for 10-12 hours or until dry. This could vary greatly depending on which method you are using to dry the cereal.
- At the five-hour mark, I usually break up the pieces a bit and try to flip them over. This in not absolutely necessary though.
- Once you’re done cooking the cereal, cool cereal completely. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place.
Nutritional Information Below Recipe