Butternut Squash Organic Risotto Recipe ~ A Pressure Cooker Recipe!
- In a pressure cooker over medium high heat or on the sauté setting (if using an electric pressure cooker) , heat the butter just until the bubbles or foam disappear, about 1 minute.
- Add sage and cook for a minute.
- Stir in chopped onions and allow the onions to cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add in garlic, butternut squash,and 1 teaspoon of salt and stir until evenly coated. Cook for another 5 minutes or until the squash becomes a bit tender.
- Add the rice, white wine, stock and 2 cups of water and bring to full pressure on the high setting.
- Lower heat to maintain a high pressure or if using an electric pressure cooker just set timer for 3 minutes.
- Cook at maintained high pressure for 3 minutes and use the quick release method to release the pressure once the 3 minutes is done.
- Stir in the crumbled goat cheese and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Troubleshooting ~ if there is still a lot of liquid, allow the risotto to sit for 10 minutes to thicken.
Recipe adapted from Food Network Kitchen
- Serving Size: 1 serving