This wilted organic kale and bacon recipe makes a wonderful side dish.
- 8 cups of packed kale leaves (stems removed)
- 2 slices of country thick bacon
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse and remove stems from kale and chop the kale into large bite size pieces.
- In a large saute pan, cook the bacon over medium heat.
- Once bacon is done, remove and set aside, leaving the bacon grease in the pan.
- Place the kale into the pan with the bacon grease, season with salt and pepper and allow the kale to wilt (about 2-3 minutes) over medium heat. This time can vary depending on the maturity of the kale.
- Continue to stir until done. The kale is done when it is tender.
- Cut bacon into little pieces and stir in with kale.
- Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: about 1 cup