Slightly adapted from the Perricone Weight Loss Diet Book
- 1-2 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 3 tbsp all-natural peanut butter or almond butter
- 1½ pounds boneless chicken breast cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups packed
kale,stems removed and kale cut into 1″ pieces
- salt and pepper to taste.
- In a saute pan over medium heat, saute chicken in a tablespoon or two of butter until juices run clear and is done, about 10 minutes (this time varies depending on how big your chicken chunks are). Set aside to cool.
- In a 6 qt
sauce pan, over medium heat add one tbsp butter and melt.
- Stir in onions, celery, and the red pepper. Cook until onions are translucent and soft about 7 minutes.
- Add garlic, curry powder and ginger and stir for about 1 minute. Do not over cook the garlic, it should not get brown.
- Add tomato sauce and bay leaf and kale and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add broth and chicken and stir well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and add
inthe peanut/almond butter and stir well.
- Heat through for a minute or two and stir in the cilantro.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed and serve immediately.