The cooler weather calls for this fresh garden organic chili.
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter
- 4 cups organic chopped tomatoes (If tomatoes are out of season, you could also use 1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes and 1 15 oz can of tomato sauce to replace the fresh tomatoes)
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 large organic onion, chopped
- 3 cloves organic garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 can organic black beans, not drained
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2–3 tsp ground cumin (adjust to taste)
- Melt butter in a large dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Saute onions for about 5 minutes or until they begin to soften.
- Add garlic and ground beef and brown the beef for about 8-10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and put the lid on and reduce heat to a slow simmer.
- Simmer for at least an hour.
- Serve hot with a dollop of greek yogurt or sour cream.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 250.7
- Fat: 6.7g
- Carbohydrates: 25.5
- Protein: 23.2