Learn how to make an amazing grilled cheese with an orange cranberry jam on it!
- 8 small pieces of sourdough bread, gluten free bread, or sprouted grain bread
- 4 oz muenster cheese
- grass fed butter (1 tbsp per sandwich)
- 4 cups of fresh cranberries (or (1) 12 ounce bag)
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 cup unrefined organic cane sugar (rapadura)
- the zest of 1 orange
- the juice of 1 orange
- Clean and pick over cranberries.
- Over medium-high heat, bring water to a boil and add the sugar.
- Dissolve sugar and then add cranberries, orange zest and the juice of 1 orange.
- Bring back to a boil and reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until the cranberries pop.
- Allow to cool for several hours or refrigerate for 3 hours.
- The jam will thicken as it cools.
- If you have leftover cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving, simply add the orange zest and the juice of the orange, stir and allow to marinate for several hours at room temperature. You now have orange cranberry jam!
For Grilled Cheese
- Butter one side of each piece of bread. On the other side spread on a little bit of the jam.
- Place 1 ounce of cheese between two pieces of bread, leaving the two buttered pieces on the outside.
- Preheat a skillet on medium low heat. Muenster cheese takes some time to melt, so be sure to cook your grilled cheese slowly to assure that the cheese has time to melt.
- Place the grilled cheeses into the preheated skillet and cover with a lid.
- Keep an eye on your grilled cheese but this sandwich usually takes about 5 minutes per side to cook.
- When the grilled cheese is slightly brown, flip over and continue to cook on the other side until it is golden brown.
- Serve hot.
Nutritional Information is below this recipe.
- Serving Size: 1 grilled cheese