This creamy asparagus soup recipe is so easy to make that it takes just about 10 minutes to whip together.
- 2 cups leftover cooked asparagus
- ½ onion chopped
- 2 tbsp bacon grease
- 2½ cups chicken stock
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ cup half & half or heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- top with a sprinkle of nutmeg,
- 4 pieced bacon (save bacon grease)
- Cook bacon until bacon is crisp, remove and allow to cool and crumble into small pieces. Save bacon grease.
- Add bacon grease to a medium sauce pan and heat over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook until translucent and tender (about 5 minutes)
- Add chicken stock, asparagus, thyme and salt and pepper to taste and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- With a stick blender or a food processor or blender, mix until a thick puree.
- Stir in half & half or cream and top with bacon and nutmeg.
- Serving Size: 1 cup