Loaded with garden fresh vegetables this tomato soup recipe is full of warm goodness.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a large baking dish, (I used my All Clad Lasagna Pan) place all the tomatoes, peppers, onions, garlic, salt and pepper and olive oil into the pan and roast for 40 minutes.
- Take out of oven and stir, you will have juice in the pan now. Stir in basil and place back into oven for 40 more minutes.
- After the second 40 minutes if your vegetables are tender and you like a thinner soup then you can move onto the next step. If you desire a thick soup, put back into oven for 30 more minutes to allow some of the juices to evaporate.
- Once finished cooking, remove from oven and remove the garlic. Place the remaining vegetable mixture into a food processor, Vitamix or Ninja and blend until smooth.
- If to thick you can add some cream, half and half or chicken stock.
- If you like your soup very smooth, you can strain the soup or run it through a food mill
- Serve and enjoy!
This could easily be done in a crockpot. Put all ingredients in crockpot and cook on high for 4-6 hours and then drain excess juice and reserve and blend as directed. Add the reserved juice back to the soup to get desired thickness or thinness.
- Serving Size: 1 cup