This salad is so amazing but what makes this salad so special are the onion straws that gives this salad so much flavor and quite a crunch.
- 4 cups mixed organic salad greens
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 oz gorgonzola cheese
- 2 oz raw pecans
- 8 oz cooked steak, sliced thinly
- salad dressing of choice, I use my Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing recipe, see recipe
- 1 small onion
- 2–4 tbsp potato starch
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4–1/2 cup raw milk or coconut milk
- 1–2 tbsp coconut oil
- In a large bowl toss the mixed salad greens, dried cranberries, gorgonzola cheese, and raw pecans.
- Place mixture into 2 serving bowls or plates.
- Top each plate/bowl with the thinly sliced steak.
- For the onion straws, cut 1 onion into strips very thinly.
- Pour milk over onions and allow to sit for several minutes.
- In another bowl add potato starch (you could also use tapioca starch) and season it very liberally with salt and pepper.
- With tongs add onion straws a few at a time, and toss and coat.
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat and add a tablespoon of coconut oil. Allow the coconut oil to get hot (about 2 minutes).
- Add the onion straws and fry until golden brown, about 5 minutes. You may need to do this step a few times and cook the onion straws in 2 batches.
- Drain onto a paper towel and top onto the salad.
Nutrition Info: Calories: 432.8 Fat: 20.5g Carbohydrates: 29.2g Protein: 32.0g
- Serving Size: 1 salad