Learn how to soak your oatmeal to make them more digestible!
- 1 cup rolled organic oats (not quick oats)
- 1 cup filtered water
- 2 tbsp acidic medium (yogurt, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, buttermilk)
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- Add 1 cup of oats, water, and the acidic medium into a glass bowl and stir well. Cover and let it sit overnight on the counter (at least 7-8 hours).
- In the morning add another 1 cup of filtered water and the unrefined sea salt, stir well. ***Note – if you feel the oatmeal is too sour, you can rinse the oats before adding the additional 1 cup of water, but this is not necessary.
- Heat to a low simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve with a generous portion of butter and cream.
Recipe Method From Nourishing Tradition
Nutrition Info: Calories: 153.8 Fat: 3.0g Carbohydrates: 28.3g Protein: 5.1g
- Serving Size: 1 serving