This healthier organic corn bread recipe is perfect to pair with soups and chili recipes.
- 1 1/2 cup masa harina flour – You Can Buy It Here
- 1/2 cup spelt flour, or other flour of choice, (with the exception of coconut flour, it won’t work in this recipe) I used sprouted spelt flour – You Can Buy It Here
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp unrefined sea salt – You Can Buy It Here
- 1/4 cup raw honey – You Can Buy It Here
- 1 tbsp sucanat – You Can Buy It Here
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup grass fed butter or ghee, softened-You Can Buy It Here
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Cut 2 tbsp of the grass fed butter into the flour mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine honey (slightly melted), eggs, sucanat and milk and stir well.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients and mix just until moist. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Place 2 tbsp of butter into a 8×8 square pan and place in oven until melted.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 20 minutes or until edges are slightly brown.
- Remove cornbread from pan to cool so that the crust is still crisp.
This recipe was inspired & adapted from a recipe featured on www.chow.com
- Serving Size: 1 piece