Coconut milk has become one of my favorite things to cook with and to drink. Canned coconut milk taste totally different than fresh homemade coconut milk. I think you will be surprised how easy it is to make your own coconut milk and it tastes so much better than canned coconut milk! In addition, I will show you how to make and dehydrate your own coconut flakes. Again, there is no comparison to store bought coconut flakes. Fresh coconut flakes are not stripped of all their fats and have so much flavor!
This week I am posting a 4 video series about coconuts. This is the second video in this series. You will learn the following in this whole series:
- Video 1: How to open up a coconut and get coconut water
- Video 2: How to make coconut milk and dehydrate coconut flakes
- Video 3: How to make coconut flour
- Video 4: How to make coconut butter or coconut cream
If you should have any questions about this first video, please feel free to leave them in the comment section below.
Coconut milk has become one of my favorite things to cook with and to drink.Learn how to make your own!
- 1 organic coconut
- hot water
- Take the coconut meat out of the shell and cut into pieces (view the video here).
- Put into food processor and pour 2 cups of hot filtered water over the coconut meat.
- Pulse for 30 seconds until well combined.
- Drain mixture through cheesecloth or a fine strainer and press the coconut milk out of meat reserving the milk in another bowl.
- Serving Size: 1 cup