The sweet and salty worked so perfectly in this organic salted caramel ice cream recipe.
- Pour milk and sugar in a bowl and whisk until sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes.
- Add cream, half and half, vanilla and stir well.
- Put into ice cream mixture and follow manufacturer’s instructions.
- In the last 30 seconds add in fill in (in this case I added my chopped walnuts) and allow the machine to stir them in. You can also add in some salted caramel in the last 10 seconds.
- Place ice cream into a container and allow the ice cream to harden in the freezer for 4 hours if you are wanting a firmer ice cream.
- Add a serving into a serving dish and top ice cream with a sprinkle of course (do not use fine, the course makes this dish) Celtic sea salt.
- Drizzle with homemade salted caramel sauce
Nutrition Info: Calories: 173.6 Fat: 13.5g Carbohydrates: 11.7g Protein: 1.8g
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup