I may receive commissions from purchases made through links in this article. More information here.
I Have Discovered A GEM!
The other night, I pulled out my 10 minutes, no machine homemade ice cream recipe and was really craving a rich homemade caramel!
Better yet, one of my favorite things to eat is my salted caramel ice cream! Have you tried it? It is amazing!
I was looking for a great salted caramel sauce however that you could use to top ice cream, fresh fruit or even in some delicious greek yogurt!
Make This 3 Ingredients 3 Minutes Organic Salted Caramel Recipe
Alright, so who wants to make caramel in 3 minutes with 3 ingredient…for real, yes you can!!! Yay, I was shocked myself…but I was having a mad craving for caramel the other night so I just grabbed a few ingredients, 3 to be exact and went to experiment.
To my surprise, it was super easy to make salted caramel with wholesome yummy ingredients!
To show you how easy, I made a video for you on my little iPhone app. Gosh, I just love that app (iMovie)…makes shooting quick videos like this such a breeze!
Quick 3 Minute How-To Video
Want A Written Recipe? Here you go!
- Preheat a pan on medium to medium high heat for about a minute or until nice and hot.
- Add maple syrup and allow it to bubble (see video).
- Add in butter and gentle stir in, but do not over stir.
- Allow the mixture to boil for 1 full minutes. It should be a rolling boil (see video).
- Remove from heat and turn burner off. Allow to sit until completely cooled.
- Add in a generous amount of coarse salt and stir. Store in refrigerator.
Please note, if you cook it to little it will still be in syrup form and if you cook it to long, it will be in candy form. Both are still good, but it might take some tweaking to get the desired consistency.
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp
Pin It For Later