Welcome to Family Friendly Fridays! Summer is here and for this holiday weekend, I thought it would be fun to share with you an easy and delicious ice cream recipe that is made out of a baggie! I know, sounds strange! If you have 10 minutes and a few plastic baggies you have all the equipment you need to make this classic homemade ice cream over the weekend! What could be any easier right? Better yet, your kids can make this from start to finish!
Here is what you need to do. Place your cream, maple syrup and vanilla into a quart size freezer bag and zip and close the bag. In a gallon size freezer baggie, fill it half full with ice. Pour 1/2 cup coarse salt over the ice (I do not use my good salt for this, I used some kosher salt). Place the quart size baggie of ingredients into the gallon size freezer bag and zip up and start shaking.
Shake for about 7 minutes or until the ice cream forms. If you want to mix in other ingredients, simply stir them into the ice cream after it has formed. I added some fermented berry sauce, recipe to come! That is it! Ice cream in 10 minutes with no equipment needed! Now that is what I call easy!
- 1 cup of preferably raw cream, half-and-half or raw milk. Organic will also work.
- 2 tbsp grade b maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 quart size freezer baggie
- 1 gallon size freezer baggie
- 1/2 cup coarse salt
- Place cream, maple syrup, and vanilla into the quart size baggie.
- In the gallon size baggie, add ice and salt.
- Place the quart size bag into the gallon size bag and zip closed.
- Shake the two bags for 7 minutes or until ice cream forms.
- Stir in additional toppings into ice cream if desired after the 7 minutes.
- Serve immediately
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup