My Love Obsession With These Paleo Blueberry Scones
I am in love with these Paleo blueberry scones for several reasons!
- They taste amazing!
- They are full of protein.
- They are grain free, gluten free & Paleo.
- And, they are super easy to make!!
Oh and I forgot to mention that the juice from the blueberries just drizzles right out of the blueberries creating an amazing and somewhat juicy scone.
These Paleo blueberry scones are super moist and the blueberries just pop with flavor and the texture is so amazing!
Making Your Own Blanched Almond Butter
There is a star ingredient to making this terrific scones recipe. It is blanched almond butter!
I know, many of you might be wondering why I use “blanched” almond butter over “regular” almond butter. In short, it is easier to digest.
I wrote an article last month that includes a terrific recipe and explains the benefits of blanched almond butter and how to make your own. Be sure to check it out.
Now I will note here, if you’d like to make these scones with regular almond butter, you sure can. It will still taste delicious!
Homemade Powdered Sugar & Glaze Made Without Cane Sugar
Why not step it up a notch by drizzling a glaze right over top of the scones. Can you taste it now??
I know many steer away from powdered sugar and I can totally understand why. But what if I told you that you can make your own powdered sugar without using cane sugar at all! Would you try it.
Better yet, what if I told you it could be made in less than 1 minute, now do I have your attention? 🙂 Here is the recipe to show you how to make your own powdered sugar and glaze without using cane sugar!
Now let’s move onto this delicious scones recipe that the whole family can enjoy!
The Best Paleo Blueberry Scones Ever!!
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the blanched almond butter, vanilla, maple syrup, egg and sea salt and blend on medium speed for two minutes.
- Add the baking soda to the batter and pour the vinegar on top of the baking soda. This will created a fizzy substance and will help your scones rise properly. Fold this into the batter.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in the tapioca flour.
- Gently fold in blueberries and then fold in the blanched almond flour.
- Scoop onto a cookie sheet, you should have enough batter to make 8-10 scones.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Allow to cool and add a glaze if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 scone
Like this recipe? Well then, you will LOVE my new cookbook: Gluten Free and Grain Free Breads, Batters and Doughs!
This is so much more than “just a cookbook”! In this book, I teach you how to bake with almond flour, nut butters, coconut flour, tapioca flour, arrowroot flour and even toasted quinoa flour! You will be an expert in gluten free and grain free baking after you read this cookbook, I promise!
There are tons of gluten free, grain free and Paleo recipes throughout this book! Get your copy today!!