Here is a great recipe using sourdough starter, making these pancakes easily digestible. They are super easy to make and taste amazing!
- The night before using the sourdough starter, remove it from the refrigerator and let come to room temperature. If it needs a feeding, then feed it when you pull it out to create 2 cups.
- The next morning place 2 cups sourdough starter,sucanat, egg, melted grass fed butter and unrefined sea salt in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- In a small bowl right before you are ready to cook your pancakes, stir together 1 tsp baking soda with 1 tbsp warm water.
- Add this to the pancake mixture and gently fold in (do not whisk in, just fold this in). This will cause a gentle foaming and rising action in the batter.
- Allow sitting for 1-2 minutes. (**Note: It is very important to only add baking soda/water mixture to the pancake batter just before you are ready to cook the pancakes).
- Pour batter on a hot skillet and cook about 1 minutes per side.
- Serve with grass fed butter and pure maple syrup.
Nutrition Info: Calories: 209.2 Fat: 8.9g Carbohydrates: 28.0g Protein: 4.4g
- Serving Size: 3 pancakes