These amazing muffins are made paleo, gluten-free, grain-free. They make a great afternoon snack.
- 1 cup nut butter – You can shop for nut butters here
- 2/3 cups applesauce, pearsauce or apple-pear sauce (The more ripe, the sweeter!)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (try making your own!)
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey (or other sweeteners such as maple syrup, stevia, etc.)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Toppings: dehydrated unsweetened coconut flakes, raisins, flaxseed, dark chocolate chips, cinnamon, and/or anything else you can think of. I added even more tupelo honey 😉 Feel free to lather on apple butter, strawberry preserves, or even more peanut butter. Ever heard of carrot jam? It’s very tasty with this snack, too!
- Preheat oven to 375º degrees F.
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor. You can also use a stick blender if you have one.
- Blend until well mixed.
- Pour batter into a greased muffin tin. You can also use a mini muffin tin to make 24 mini muffins.
- Add additional toppings of your choice to each muffin and lightly stir into each cup
- Cook time: 15 minutes for full size muffins and 10 minutes for mini muffins.
- Reheat in a toaster oven for about 4 minutes at 350 degrees F, or eat at room temperature.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 153 Fat: 11g Carbs: 10g Protein: 6g
- Serving Size: 2 mini muffins or 1 large muffin