Some delicious lamb, bits of kale make up this delicious, easy organic lamb stew recipe.
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery with leaves, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 2–3 cups packed kale, stems removed and leaves chopped
- 1–6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups chicken stock (preferably homemade)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onions, celery and carrots and cook for 7 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Add lamb and red pepper to mixture and brown for 5-7 minutes.
- Add minced garlic, cumin, bay leaf, black pepper and salt and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add tomato paste and kale, stir and allow to cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes then remove bay leaf and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 serving