This organic recipe is a nutrient dense chicken stock that is delicious and so good for you!
- 1–2 leftover bones and skin from a cooked or raw chicken carcass preferably a grassland fed chicken
- filtered cold water, enough to cover the carcass
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tsp salt (more or less if needed)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 5–6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 3–5 carrots chopped
- 3–5 celery stalks cut into chunks (include celery leaves)
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 small bunch of fresh parsley
- Put all the ingredients in a stock pot and bring to a boil.
- Skim scum off of the top and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer on low uncovered for 4 hours.
- Strain the bones and vegetables and herbs out of stock, leaving only the stock.
- You can store in refrigerator for several days, or place in freezer for up to 6 months.
Nutrition Info: Calories: 86.4 Fat: 2.9g Carbohydrates: 8.5g Protein: 6.0g
- Serving Size: 1 cup