Here is an amazing organic bacon, corn & potato chowder recipe full of nutrient dense ingredients!
- 8 pieces of bacon cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cups diced and peeled red/new potatoes
- 2 ears of fresh corn cut off the cob (about 2 cups)
- 3 cups homemade chicken stock
- 1–2 tsp fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- unrefined sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup sour cream, greek yogurt or a mixture of the two
- Cut bacon into 1 inch pieces. In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, fry up the bacon for 5 minutes. Do not allow it to overcook or become crispy. Remove bacon from saucepan leaving the bacon grease in the saucepan.
- Over medium to medium high heat, sauté onion and potatoes for 5 minutes in the bacon grease. After 5 minutes add corn and sauté an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the thyme and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chicken stock and allow to simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add in the cooked bacon pieces pull off burner for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream, greek yogurt or a mixture of the two. (I used 1/3 cup sour cream and 2/3 cup greek yogurt).
- Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 serving