Are you looking for a healthy cold cereal that is made only with wholesome, organic ingredients? Well look no further!
- 2 cups almond flour/meal – I just ground up some of my soaked crispy almonds in my coffee grinder.
- 2 cups pecan flour/meal – I just ground up some of my soaked crispy pecans in my coffee grinder. Note, you can use all almond flour if you want, I just liked the taste of pecan flour with it, but both variations taste amazing!
- 1/4 cup packed coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 2 cup raw milk, organic whole milk or coconut milk
- 1/3 cup raw honey, slightly melted or heated. You could also use grade b maple syrup.
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven onto lowest setting. If using a dehydrator, dehydrate at 165 F.
- Mix together almond flour, pecan flour, coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl.
- Use a wire whisk to stir the ingredients together.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together milk, honey and vanilla extract.
- Stir milk mixture into the nut mixture and mix well. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir lightly one more time and then place this mixture onto a cookie sheet lined with un-greased parchment paper. Pat out into a thin layer.
- If you have a dehydrator, you can use your tray made for fruit leather. You will have to flip it over half way through the cooking time.
- Cook for 10 hours. At the five hour mark I usually break up the pieces a bit and try to flip them over. This in not absolutely necessary though.
- Once your done cooking the cereal, allow to cool completely. Then break into small pieces or place larger chunks into plastic bag and use a meat hammer to break into smaller pieces.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place.
Recipe Inspired by Deliciously Organic.
Nutritional Information: Serving Size: 2/3 cup Calories: 349 Fat: 25.5g Carbohydrates: 22.3g Protein: 12.1g
- Serving Size: About 2/3 cup