Next time you have a recipe that calls for a can of condensed cream of chicken/mushroom soup, pull out this recipe and make your own.
- 1 cup homemade stock or organic chicken stock
- 3 tbsp melted grass fed butter
- 2 ounces finely diced cooked chicken pieces (make pieces very small). If making cream of mushroom, omit the chicken and add 1/2 cup of sautéed mushrooms cut into small pieces.
- 2 tbsp plus 1 tsp of potato flour
- 1 tbsp raw milk/ or fresh coconut milk, see recipe
- 1 tbsp full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp of poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- In a bowl add chicken stock (stock doesn’t need to be heated) and potato flour.
- You might want to sift the potato flour in so you don’t get lumps.
- Add melted butter, milk, Greek yogurt, poultry seasoning, unrefined sea salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Whisk very well.
- Stir in chicken.
- Use to replace cream of chicken or cream of mushroom in recipes.
- This recipe is equivalent to 1 store bought can.
Nutrition Info: Calories: 568.2 Fat: 38.7g Carbohydrates: 33.9g Protein: 21.3g
- Serving Size: whole recipe