Hey guys, I am super excited to start a new journey with you all! What is this journey you ask? Essential oils!
I have dove into essential oils head first and I have to tell you, I am amazed by these oils.
Let’s talk a bit more about what essential oils are and the benefits of essential oils.
What Are Essential Oils?
Essential oils are natural aromatic compounds found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, and other parts of plants.
They can be both beautifully and powerfully fragrant. If you have ever walked by a field of lavender, or smelled fresh cut mint, you have experienced the aromatic qualities of essential oils.
In addition to aromatic qualities, essential oils provide have many natural properties that can benefit the body in many different ways.
Try this at home: Squeeze the peel of a ripe orange. The fragrant residue on your hand is full of essential oils.
Essential oils are non water-based phytochemicals made up of aromatic compounds.
Essential oils are very clean, almost crisp, to the touch and are immediately absorbed by the skin. Pure, unadulterated essential oils are translucent and range in color from crystal clear to deep blue.
Why do I use them?
If you have been a long-time follower of my blog, you know that I don’t like to be extreme in ANYTHING. I believe that eating real food is the best thing for our bodies, but I also am realistic about the world we live in and don’t believe we have to be perfect to improve our health.
The same goes with using herbal essential oils. I LOVE using essential oils in place of modern medication when I can, but I don’t spend thousands or go overboard with them either. I find a happy balance and enjoy the benefits of essential oils whenever I need them:)
So, when does my family use essential oils?
- relieving sore muscles
- clearing my head and helping me focus
- balancing my system
- to help support good hormone function
- increasing my energy
- easing headaches
- to disinfect our home
- to stimulate digestive production before & after a meal
- soothing digestive issues
- calming a difficult child
- relieving respiratory problems/coughing
- calming my worries\anxieties
- for aromatherapy (goodbye candles!)
- for wound treatment on us and our dog.
- making homemade (peppermint) chocolate ice cream
- making homemade toothpaste
- making homemade deodorant
- making homemade soap
- making homemade eczema cream
- making homemade baby & cleaning wipes
- making homemade cleaners
- making homemade lip balm & hand sanitizer
- making our laundry smell amazing
- making our bathrooms smell amazing
- and much more
Stay tuned for more great ways to use essential oils!