Image Courtesy of Domestic Charm
I am stepping out a bit today for this Family Friendly Fridays post. Normally I create a post that has something to do with food or gardening that is kid friendly, but today I want to share with you a fun art project that I discovered on Pinterest! If you haven’t been to Pinterest yet, you must check it out! It is a virtual pin board that allows you to put all your favorite things found on the internet all in one spot. There are all sorts of fun craft ideas, amazing recipes, gardening tips and even healthy living tips. Stop on by to Follow Us on Pinterest!
Here is the pin that I stumbled upon on Pinterest.
If you click on this picture, it will take you to the original source. Now here is all that is needed for this fun filled art project!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cornstarch (perfect, I never use this anymore and I have had the same box in my pantry now for 2 years! Nice way to use this up)
- food coloring of choice (another ingredient I no longer use, so it was nice to use it up for this project) 🙂
- I just placed equal parts water and cornstarch into a plastic cup and stirred it.
- It will be very thin and that is the way it is suppose to be.
- It will dry very vibrant and colorful.
- Now have your children add the food coloring and send them out to paint!
- Super easy clean up, just through out cups and rinse the paint brushes and you are good to go.
That’s it! How fun is that. My girls were busy this fourth of July making our sidewalks all patriotic! Love it!!