My Healing Journey
I recently wrote a post on My Weight Loss Story, and my results were huge! If you didn’t get a chance to read that, I happily invite you to read it!
I want to do a follow-up post for month two of my healing journey. I plan on doing a monthly post on my journey because this is not just about weight loss, it’s about healing!
If you’ve had a hard time losing weight, or if you’ve ever suffered from a number of illnesses that no one knows how to heal (like thyroid or adrenal issues, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, anxiety, leaky gut syndrome, ADHD and much more), then you might want to invest some time in this series. Here is a list of my current posts on my healing journey.
- My Healing Journey Month 1 – My Weight Loss Story
- My Healing Journey Month 2 – How to Naturally Heal Anxiety
A Recap ~ Why I Need To Heal
After I put a focus on removing toxins from my life, reading this book, and visiting quality integrative medicine doctors, I’ve come to the conclusion that I am suffering from the following:
- I Have Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV), a toxic overload of heavy metals, and I have the streptococcus virus that is wreaking havoc on my system.
- I am also suffering from adrenal fatigue, thyroid issues, and have a sluggish or fatty liver.
- I suffer from eczema, rosacea, and achy joints (especially in the knees) which I suspect is arthritis. I have had these ailments since I was a teenager. These are strong indicators that something is wrong with my internal health.
This might seem scary to many, it was scary for me too, but your body has the amazing ability to heal itself if given the right foods.
My Results After Just 1 Month!
It was time to start cleansing the toxins out of my body. I started this by doing a 28-day raw fruit and vegetable cleanse. The results were AMAZING!
I removed the inflammatory foods from my diet and my body naturally started to reduce its swelling.
- I lost 15 pounds in the first month, which was most likely excess water weight.
- My eczema disappeared 100%
- My rosacea disappeared 100%.
- My joints no longer ached.
- Increased energy
- Great mental clarity
- No blood sugar issues
Your body is capable of doing amazing things, as you can see from the first month.
But lasting results take time, and it can take anywhere from 3 months to 18 months to heal the body, this is month 2 for me.
What I Ate for Month 2 of My Healing Journey
After going 28 days on only raw fruits and raw vegetables, you better believe I was looking forward to my first cooked meal!
I decided to add in 1 meal a day that has meat in it. I also added in one handful of nuts a day.
Here is what a typical day of meals looked like for me:
- Upon Waking – I drink 16 ounces of lemon water. Take 1/2 lemon and squeeze it into the water and then drop the lemon into the water. This helps detox the liver.
- Pre-breakfast: Celery juice about 14-16 oz (freshly juiced, I have this juicer).
- Breakfast: Smoothie consisting of 3 bananas, 1 1/2 cup wild organic blueberries, 3 dates, 1 tsp spirulina, 1 tap barley juice powder
- AM Snack: Apple, dates, celery sticks
- Lunch: Smoothie consisting of 1 orange, 1 large handful of spinach, shaved coconut, 1 large handful fresh cilantro, spirulina, 1 1/2 cups frozen mango. I also ate carrots and red pepper hummus with lunch. If I didn’t feel like another smoothie, then I did a huge mixed greens salad with guacamole, vegetables and fruits and a bit of olive oil and vinegar for the dressing.
- PM Snack: Fruit, dates, and handful of nuts
- Dinner: 5-6 ounces of meat (fish, shrimp, chicken, steak), cooked vegetables (including potatoes, sweet potatoes, asparagus, peppers and onions) and a small salad.
- Evening snack: banana, apple, or carrots and celery with hummus or guacamole
A few things I noticed when adding in 5-6 ounces of meat a day and a handful of nuts — my body took about 2 weeks to adjust to this change. It isn’t that I felt bad, it’s just that I didn’t digest these as easily as fruits and vegetables.
I found it best for me to only eat meat once a day for 5 days out of the week. I plan on reducing the nuts too in next month. I find if I am lazy, I grab the nuts instead of a piece of fruit and I am really wanting to focus on bringing more healing fruits into my diet.
Energy Changes That I made This Month
This healing journey isn’t just about healing with foods, it’s about healing emotionally, spiritually, and mentally.
Last month I focused on taking time for myself every day to enjoy a massage. This month I focused on sitting out in the sun every day for a half hour. The sun is so healing in so many ways!
Both the massage and sun therapy allowed me to spend more time with myself. Reflection can be pretty powerful while you are on a healing journey. Both of these are forms of meditation.
My Results After 2 Months
Continuing on this journey is getting easier every day! It feels so good to feel good again.
My rosacea, eczema, and achy joints are still 100% gone. I had some digestive issues when I added the meat and nuts back into my diet, so I am taking that slowly until my body is ready.
I am not sure about my weight loss because I make it a habit not to weigh myself regularly. I did last month for the post, but this month I wanted to focus on how my clothes fit. My pants are looser and I’m super exciting about that!
How I naturally healed my anxiety
One of the biggest improvements that I’ve noticed is my sense of calm. My anxiety has pretty much disappeared.
As I mentioned earlier, removing toxins from my life has helped me tremendously! Some simple small changes (like switching to natural solutions) really helped ease my anxiety.
Let me be clear here, I didn’t even realize that I had anxiety because for me this was my norm. It wasn’t until I started to heal with these healing foods that I realized a shift in my energy.
I have an incredible relaxing feeling, you know like you just stepped out of the spa kind of feeling. I have this feeling daily!
Using food as medicine to heal anxiety
Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV) and a heavy metal overload both can cause extreme anxiety. I have been working super hard to include foods that heal both those ailments. A few of these healing foods that can help heal anxiety include:
- Organic wild blueberries (I buy these from Costco)
- Celery (juiced daily)
- Spinach (in smoothies and salads)
- Asparagus (snacking)
- Cilantro (in smoothies and salads)
- Sweet potatoes (snacking and dinner side)
- Barley grass juice extract powder (in smoothies)
- Hawaiian Spirulina (in smoothies)
I get all of these foods into my day DAILY (with the exception of sweet potatoes, those I get in about 2-3 times a week).
If you are dealing with anxiety issues, or if you think you might suffer from EBV or a heavy metal overload, I invite you to read this book. It was such a life changing book for me!
Is this the answer to everyone’s anxiety issues? I don’t know, but it certainly has helped heal mine and this can be a great starting point for you to do some research.
The Incredible Herb That Tackled My Anxiety!
I started to take a supplement/herb that really help tackle my anxiety. Not only did it tackle my anxiety, it helped me get an incredible nights sleep!
What is this supplement? Lemon balm! It’s helped me so much that I even started growing in my garden!
Lemon balm has antiviral, antibacterial, and sedative properties. According to Anthony William of Medical Medium:
“Lemon Balm contains a compound called terpene which has the ability to help relieve anxiety, stress, hypertension, depression, high blood pressure, muscle spasms, heart palpitations, tension headaches, circulatory issues, and cognitive disorders such as Attention Deficit Disorder and Alzheimer’s Disease.”
My Take Away This Month
It took years for me to get sick, and it is going to take me months, maybe even a year or two, to fully recover. I am okay with this!
It feels good to finally be on the road to good health. I am embracing the changes, the challenges, and the victories!
Thanks for coming on this journey with me! How about you? Do you think you might have some healing to do?
One Final Note & A Free Book Offer…
Earlier I mentioned one of the books that had a HUGE impact on helping me to heal. For a limited time, I’m offering this book to you FOR FREE (all I ask is that you help me out with the shipping)!
What’s the catch? There is none! This is my contribution — to help change the lives of as many people that I can.
As you can imagine, this offer won’t be around for long…so grab your free copy today!
vanessa english says
Hi I’d like to try this to heal Anxiety after hysterectomy. I’m on blood pressure medication would this interfere with the medication I’m taking ?
Charlotte Troxell says
You are inspiring! It really motivates me to start!
I’m always used to think that some processes are already irreversible and I need to be able to live with the consequences. But here you prove that this is not so.
The anxiety attacks affect me more and more often and probably it is not normal. So I think now is the right time to make a difference.
Jacques Miller says
Thank you, Halle! I thoroughly enjoyed your article. I was diagnosed with EBV roughly six years ago. The main two symptoms I struggle with are anxiety and brain fog. I met with a ND and she put me on a whole plant-based diet which dramatically improved my health, but I haven’t had much success on the neurological side. I was wondering your thoughts on the effects that alcohol has on EBV? Even though I don’t drink near as much as I did, this is one thing that I really haven’t stopped. (Probably 8-10 beers/week on average) It seems like I read an article not long ago which described EBV being aggregated by alcohol. Thanks for your time.