Finally An All Natural Deodorant Recipe That Actually Works!
For years, and yes — I mean years, I have been in search for an all natural deodorant recipe that actually works!
Why? Because most store bought deodorants are toxic and should be avoided at all costs. But who wants to smell right?
I’ve tried it all! The baking soda recipes, the apple cider vinegar inspired recipes, the coconut oil inspired recipes and even the magnesium oil inspired recipes, but there was always something that made me stop using them. Like —
- I still stunk
- I broke out from them
- They smelled
- They were inconvenient to make
- Too many ingredients
- Required too much of me that I found myself just saying “Who has time for this?”
Have you been in my shoes? What if I told you I have a recipe that actually works and it has ONLY 2 ingredients!! Well let’s dive into it shall we?
2 – Ingredient All Natural Deodorant Recipe, Yep — Only 2 – Ingredients!
So as I mentioned, most deodorants on the market today are loaded with toxic chemicals and toxic ingredients.
This recipe has ONLY 2 ingredients and will take you less than 30 seconds to make. WOW, right?
The two ingredients are:
- Ethanol Alcohol (not rubbing alcohol, but drinking alcohol like gin or vodka)
The reason why I don’t recommend rubbing alcohol on the skin is because studies have shown that Isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) is an irritant of the skin, eyes, mucous membranes, and upper respiratory tract. Workers in industries in which isopropyl alcohol is used may be exposed to harmful levels via inhalation. Ingestion may occur through intentional or accidental consumption of products containing isopropyl alcohol in place of ethyl alcohol products. Poisoning by isopropyl alcohol may also occur by skin absorption due to excessive skin exposure. (source)
Ethanol alcohol is a safer alternative and is very effective as a deodorant!
- Distilled White Vinegar
Vinegar naturally kills the bacteria that causes your underarm to smell. Vinegar is non-toxic, has a pleasantly clean smell and is an environmentally safe product to use.
That’s it…two ingredients and you guys…it works incredibly well!
Different Proofs of Alcohol = Different Odor Protection!
Want to know what makes this recipe totally cool? You can adjust it to suit your desired odor protection. The lower proof alcohol, the lighter the coverage (odor protection). The higher proof alcohol the more odor protection you will get.
I find 80 proof works best for me, but my husband needs more protection, so he uses 151 proof.
If a bottle doesn’t give the “proof” you can figure it out from the percentage of alcohol on the bottle. A rough rule of thumb is double the %Alc/Vol to get the proof. So if a vodka is 40% ALC/VOL it is 80 Proof Vodka.
Here is a sliding scale for specific protection:
- 70-90 proof = light coverage
- 90-120 proof = medium coverage
- 120+ proof = strong coverage
Allow Your Underarm To Adjust For 3 Days!
When I first tried this recipe, I had a slight adjustment period…but don’t worry, after 3 days I had very little smell under my underarm — if any!
On the first day, spray 2-3 spritzes under each arm. If you have been using commercial deodorants for awhile, your body might need a few days to adjust to this new formula. I spritzed my underarms in the morning and then again around 3 PM on the first day.
On the second day, I sprayed 2 spritzes under each arm in the morning and then again right before I went to bed.
On the third day, I sprayed my underarms with 2 spritzes each and went the entire day/and night without adding another spritz.
Easy-peasy right? Once you try this recipe, I’ll bet you will never go back! For REAL!!
- 1/4 cup ethanol alcohol (vodka or gin works best) I used 80 proof gluten-free vodka.
- [i]Follow the different “proof” options to pick your desired odor protection: [/i][b]70-90 proof [/b]= light coverage; [b]90-120 proof[/b] = medium coverage; [b]120+ proof[/b] = strong coverage
- 2 tsp distilled white vinegar
- essential oils (optional)
- In a [b][url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00V75EUWQ/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00V75EUWQ&linkCode=as2&tag=wholelifesn0f-20&linkId=UUCCARZWBRM3JUH4″ target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]fine mist sprayer[/url][/b], add 2 teaspoons of <g class=”gr_ gr_86 gr-alert gr_spell ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace” id=”86″ data-gr-id=”86″>distilled</g> vinegar and 1/4 cup ethanol alcohol.
- Shake well.
- Apply 2 <g class=”gr_ gr_82 gr-alert gr_spell ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace” id=”82″ data-gr-id=”82″>spritzes</g> to each underarm. Allow to dry slightly (about a minute), before putting clothes on.
- As always, feel free to add a few drops of your favorite essential oils if you so desire.
My New Book ~ Natural Solutions for Cleaning & Wellness
Did you like this natural solution? Then you’ll love my new book! I’ve written a book that that can help you and your family to transition into a Toxic-Free life!
Natural Solutions for Cleaning & Wellness is dedicated to giving you the information you need to remove toxins from your home and supply you with natural remedies to protect your health. This practical guide gives you in-depth solutions on how to protect yourself and your loved ones for generations to come.
You can Click here to view more details about this amazing book and to learn about the incredible gift bundle included with a book purchase.
This book has over 140 great recipes that are super easy to make with everyday ingredients! Here is a sample of a few solutions featured in this book!
No fancy ingredients…just everyday, easy to find ingredients. This book is a must have for EVERY household! Learn more details here.
Like this post? Pin it for later!
(hover over picture and use the pin-it button)