Oh Those Smelly Feet!
We have all been there, well at least I have…you know, when you are invited to someones house and you take off your shoes upon entering the house and you smell something off!
Then you realize that off smell is actually your feet…OH HOW EMBARRASSING, right? Where is the nearest hole that you can climb into?
Well today I want to share with you 5 remedies that have helped my family eliminate foot odor. No need to buy those expensive sprays or even those expensive creams…why not try one of these natural remedies to help conquer those smelly feet!
Top 5 Ways To Naturally Get Rid of Foot Odor
1. Baking Soda ~ baking soda helps in eliminating odors by neutralizing the PH of sweat thus eliminating the bacteria that causes the odor in smelly feet.
To get rid of the odor:
- dissolve 1/4 cup of baking soda 1 gallon of warm water
- allow your feet to soak for 10 minutes
- dry feet well and repeat as needed.
Baking soda can also be added to the shoes and/or socks to help prevent future odor.
2. Cedarwood & Coconut Oil Blend ~ Coconut oil has lauric acid which kills bacteria that causes foot odor. Better yet, coconut oil combined with cedarwood essential oil (a natural anti-fungal, anti-infectious oil) will create one of the most effective ways to conquer foot odor. Here is what you need to do!
- add 5 drops of quality cedarwood essential oil (you can buy quality oils here) to 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- mix gently and apply to feet. Allow feet to dry before walking to prevent slipping or falling.
- repeat as needed or until feet stop smelling
3. Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar ~ organic raw apple cider vinegar is one of the most used all-natural remedies out there. ACV kills bacteria and dries up excess moisture that causes foot odor. Simply:
- add 1/2 cup organic raw apple cider vinegar to 1 quart of warm water and soak your feet for 10-15 minutes.
- rinse feet with soapy water to get rid of the strong vinegar smell and pat dry.
- repeat up to 3 times a week or until your smelly feet are gone.
4. Kombucha ~ if you have been around my blog here, you will know that I ❤ kombucha! Learn how to brew your own here.
Kombucha is made with black tea which is antioxidant-rich and has tannic acid which helps kill bacteria. Kombucha also has beneficial bacteria to help get rid of the “bad” bacteria.
- pour 16 oz bottle of kombucha (preferably a strong brew) into a shallow pan.
- soak feet in the kombucha for 15 minutes.
- rinse feet and repeat up to 3x a week or until foot odor is gone.
5. Alum Powder ~ alum powder is used to make pickles by drawing the moisture out of the cucumbers so that pickles can develop. It is also used to get rid of canker sores naturally, by pulling the moisture out of the ulcer to allow it to heal.
The same theory applies here. Alum powder removes the moisture from your feet and eliminates the odor.
- make sure your feet are dry and clean.
- in an empty spice jar, fill it with alum.
- sprinkle alum on your feet and rub in. Be sure to add alum in between your toes.
- don’t forget to add some alum to your shoes to prevent moisture from happening.
How Easy Was That? Do You Have Any Natural Remedies?
That is it! Now you have 5 ways to naturally get rid of foot odor!
Do you have a natural remedy that works for you?
Feel free to share in the comment section below.
Disclaimer: Use these home remedy at your own risk. As with any home remedy, consult your physician before trying this or any home remedy.