The other day I received a copy of an amazing cookbook, From Scratch: Traditional, whole-foods dishes for easy, everyday meals.
This cookbook focuses on using whole foods ingredients that are prepared in a traditional way. Shaye Elliot from The Elliot Homestead is the author of this book and she clearly has put her heart into this cookbook. In this cookbook you learn:
- Guides to stocking cupboards, fridge, freezer and pantries with high-quality foods
- Information on where to source the best food
- A breakdown of how and when to make “the building blocks” ever-present in a whole-foods kitchen
- Recipes for breakfast, bread, main dishes, side dishes, desserts, ferments, beverages, and more!
From Scratch has over 200 pages of mouth-watering recipes and there are some stunning pictures throughout this cookbook of the Elliots’ homestead too!
E-Book on Sale 50% OFF!
Want to know the best part? Shaye has put her PDF e-book on sale for 50% off now through the month of August!! Wow, you can have this beautiful book for just $9.99!
Want A Hard Copy (Actual Book)?
Do you still prefer your cookbook in an actual hard copy? I have to admit, I do like some of mine in a hard copy. I have however gotten used to downloading them right onto my iPad and then I just take my iPad right to the kitchen. That works out great too!
If you would like a hard copy, you can get a hard copy here! It is on sale as well for 50% off too!
Now, let’s move onto one of these delicious recipes featured in this book!
A Cozy Banana Bread Recipe From The Cookbook From Scratch
So Shaye was kind enough to let me share one of her amazing recipes with you all today. I made this yesterday and it only took me 10 minutes to whip up.
Can I just tell you… my girls just gobbled up this bread and it was outstanding! It is hard to believe that this bread is nourishing and good for you, but it is!!! You all have to try this recipe out!Print
Cozy Banana Bread Recipe and A “From Scratch” Cookbook Review
- 5 extra ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup raw milk
- 6 tbsp melted butter or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- 2 cups sprouted whole wheat flour (rice flour or freshly ground hard red winter wheat works too)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- (optional: I added 3 pastured eggs to mine so it would rise really high, but this is not necessary if you want to make this recipe egg free)
- Blend the wet ingredients together in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. Then, gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Pour the dough into a generously buttered loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350ºF oven for about an hour, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
- Serve with a smear of butter, it is better for everyone that way.
Recipe from the cookbook: From Scratch
- Serving Size: 1 piece