So my daughter was turning 7 and having a birthday party. I asked her if she wanted cake and she says “Mom, I want chocolate cupcakes with white frosting!” My first thought was how am I going to do this so that all of her guests will enjoy them. So I set out to make the perfect cupcake with a unique topping. They were a hit. Every last one of these cupcakes was gone by the end of the party!
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 large eggs
- 1/8 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/8 cup melted grass fed butter
- 1/4 cup steviva blend
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg white
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
- In a larger bowl, mix wet ingredients.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients together and mix well so all lumps are out.
- Grease with coconut oil muffin pan and place 1/4 cup batter into each muffin.
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
For frosting: In a small saucepan bring maple syrup to a boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Syrup will become frothy.
In a bowl whip egg white until hard peak forms.
Beating constantly pour hot syrup in until frosting forms a soft peak.
Spread on cooled cupcakes.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 200.8
- Fat: 12.2g
- Carbohydrates: 16.8g
- Protein: 6.1g