The Best Organic Chocolate Brownies Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 16 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
These are the best brownies. There are two secret ingredients that will have your guests wondering what were in those brownies!
- 1 1/2 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tbsp melted grass-fed butter
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil, cooled
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 5 tbsp steviva blend (you can use 1/3 cup honey or 1/3 cup maple syrup, adjust the amount to taste)
- 2 oz of extra dark chocolate (cut into chunks)
- 2 dashes of cayenne pepper
- Nuts are optional
- Mix all the ingredients together in a food processor except chocolate chunks (and nuts if using).
- Blend until well blended. Stir in chocolate chunks and nuts if using.
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper, greased with coconut oil.
- Pour batter into pan and bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
All ingredients in this recipe are organic.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
Anna Smith says
these sound good, I’m going to try them tomorrow! I found your website from beyond diet and I love all your recipes!
Halle Cottis says
Thanks…there are a lot of great recipes on here and they follow right along with the Beyond diet site. I also post some on my facebook fan page. If you scroll down to the bottom of this page, there is a tab that says “become our fan”, this will take you to our page 🙂
Make sure the black beans are pre-cooked!
These are the best! I made them to take to a family dinner for Christmas and refused to tell anyone how they were made until they tried them. I added a chocolate avocado frosting that I found on the Beyond Diet website. Everyone loved them and wanted the recipe, which I shared. These are most definitely a keeper! FYI – I used 1/2 c. coconut sugar in place of the steviva blend, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly.
Halle Cottis says
So glad you enjoyed them! 🙂