My Love For Eggs!
So if you haven’t noticed, I am in love with egg dishes!! There are so many possibilities to creating delicious dishes. Here are just a few of my favorite egg dishes! (click on image thumbnail to see recipe):
If you haven’t had a chance to try any of the above recipes, I highly recommend you give them a try!
Gluten Free Grain Free Savory Quiche Recipe
Today I am going to share with you all one of my favorite gluten free & grain free savory quiche recipes! First and Foremost, this will be the easiest quiche you have ever made!!! For real!
The crust is so easy to make and will only take you 10 minutes from start to finish. Better yet, you don’t even need a rolling pin to create this crust, how easy is that?!!
In this particular recipe, I use onions, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, bacon, and cheese, but feel free to adapt this recipe with the fillings of your choice.
Gluten Free & Grain Free Crust
One final note on this delicious recipe…This crust is the easiest crust ever to make! Many think it is difficult to make a great crust, it isn’t. I highly encourage you to try this recipe out!
There are a few ingredients you might not have, so I will list them here for you.
- Organic Quinoa Flour – It is best to toast quinoa flour. Learn how here.
- Potato Starch Powder Organic
- Blanched Almond Flour – Fine
- Authentic Foods Tapioca Flour
You can use this pie crust for sweet or savory pies! Let me know what you think, we sure do enjoy it!
A Special Offer For You!
This pie crust is one of my recipes from my cookbook: Gluten Free, Grain Free Breads, Batters & Doughs. You can buy it now for a limited time for 20% off! Use coupon code: Healthy2014 at checkout.
Like this recipe? Well, then you will LOVE my new cookbook: Gluten Free and Grain Free Breads, Batters and Doughs!
This is so much more than “just a cookbook”! In this book, I teach you how to bake with almond flour, nut butters, coconut flour, tapioca flour, arrowroot flour and even toasted quinoa flour! You will be an expert in gluten free and grain free baking after you read this cookbook, I promise!
There are tons of gluten free, grain free and Paleo recipes throughout this book! Get your copy today!!
This Gluten Free Grain Free Savory Quiche is one of my favorite gluten free & grain free savory quiche recipes!
- 1 Gluten Free & Grain Free Pie Shell – Get Recipe Here
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk or fresh coconut milk
- 1 large sweet onion finely sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese of choice
- 3–4 slices of cooked bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Make the crust and don’t worry about rolling it out, just press it into an ungreased 9″ pie dish and set aside.
- Preheat a large skillet to medium low heat and melt 2 tablespoon butter in the pan.
- Add the sliced onions to the pan and cook for 15-20 minutes. You do not want them to brown, but you want them to cook slowly until very soft (this makes them really sweet).
- After 15 minutes of cooking the onions, add the sliced mushrooms and cover the pan to allow the mushrooms to cook down. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl add the eggs, milk and freshly grated nutmeg and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in cheese and bacon.
- Pour egg mixture into pie shell and add in the cooked onions and mushrooms. Top with cherry tomatoes if desired.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
Pin It For Later