I have always loved a great quiche. It is perfect for a brunch and reheats really well for a quick breakfast when you need to get out the door fast.
You can change a quiche up by changing the toppings. This quiche I used bacon and mushrooms. My last quiche I made was sausage and onions. There are so many possibilities when making a quiche!
I should also mention that this is a grain free and gluten free quiche. The potatoes are such a nice change from the traditional crust of a quiche.
Why not give this quiche a try. I don’t think you will be disappointed, it is absolutely wonderful!
Nutrition Info Calories: 268.2 Fat: 14.4g Carbohydrates: 18.9g Protein: 16.2g
- 4 cups uncooked organic potatoes, shredded
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 large organic egg
- 6 large organic eggs
- 1/2 cup organic ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup shredded raw cheese of choice
- 6 pieces of cooked bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6-8 oz fresh mushrooms (sautéed)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a food processor, shred potatoes and transfer to a large bowl.
- Salt potatoes and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze the water out of the potatoes and place in another dry bowl.
- Add salt, parmesan cheese, and egg and mix until well blended.
- Press firmly into a greased 9″ pie dish or individual greased ramekins.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- For filling mix together eggs, ricotta, water, salt and pepper into the food processor.
- Pulse several times allowing the mixture to become well blended. Transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Remove potato crust from oven (after 20 minutes is up), and add the bacon, mushrooms, and cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over the top and return back to the oven for another 40 minutes, or until eggs are set.
- Serving Size: 1 serving