- Calories: 328.6
- Fat: 20.2g
- Carbohydrates: 16.8g
- Protein: 21.2g
- 1 pound organic eggplant (peeled and cut into 1/4″ slices)
- 1 pound organic zucchini (cut length wise into 1/4″ slices)
- 1 pound grass fed ground beef (browned)
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 28 oz jar of organic tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 15 oz container organic ricotta cheese
- 1 organic egg
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 cup of grass fed cheese of choice (for top of lasagna)
- Brown the meat. Add salt and pepper to taste and 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning. Drain and set aside.
- In another bowl combine ricotta cheese, egg, garlic powder and parsley. Mix well set aside.
- On the bottom of a 9×13″ pan, add 1/2 cup of sauce.
- Layer 1/3 of eggplant, 1/3 of zucchini.
- Place 1/3 of ricotta mixture over vegetables.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of parmesan cheese.
- Add 1/3 of meat, and pour 1/2 cup tomato sauce over this layer.
- Repeat this 3 times.
- When you get to the top, add your 1 cup of raw cheese of choice.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour – 1hour 15 min.
- Remove the foil the last 5 minutes to brown the cheese.
- Let cool 15 minutes before serving.
Serving Size: makes 12 pieces Serving size is 1 piece
Note: All of the ingredients in this recipe are organic.
Halle Cottis says
Made this the other night and my whole family enjoyed it and even went back for more 🙂
Jerilyn Bigley says
I made this recipe the other night and was completely delighted!! It was absolutely delicious! I love your website – the recipes are beautifully displayed! I have tried several of them and have enjoyed them all! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful, healthy recipes!
Halle Cottis says
I am so glad you enjoyed it! It is so nice to have an alternative to pasta isn’t it?
Green coffee bean extract isn’t exactly a cheap weight loss supplement.
So, what does the spice really add to your cup of coffee.
Vinegar is a highly effective household cleaner that is inexpensive,
non-toxic, and easy on the environment.