This zucchini carbonara dish is simple and full of so much flavor! A must try!
- 1 very large zucchini or 2 medium sized (about 2 cups), julienned
- 2 tbsp half and half, or cream
- 1/4 cup peas
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 6 slices of bacon, cut up
- bacon grease (use what’s left in the pan from frying up the bacon)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg (optional)
- Julienne zucchini.
- Blanch Zucchini in boiling salted water for 1 minute.
- Take out of the water and add it to an ice bath to stop the cooking process. Drain and set aside.
- Fry up bacon. Remove bacon and leave the bacon grease in the pan.
- Saute the minced garlic in the bacon grease for about a minute.
- Add zucchini and saute for a few minutes.
- Add cream and parmesan cheese and stir gently.
- Add peas and bacon and saute until hot, about a minute.
- Add your salt and pepper to taste.
- If you would like you can scramble up one egg and add to the dish.
Nutrition Info: Calories: 312.3 Fat: 22.7g Carbohydrates: 11.2g Protein: 15.6g
- Serving Size: 1 Serving