Parmesan Spinach and Kale Quinoa
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 3 servings 1x
- Category: side dish
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
I had some spinach and kale to harvest in my garden this week so I set out to make a delicious dish. My family loved this dish!
- 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa (rinsed)
- 2 tbsp grass fed butter
- 1 large clove of garlic (minced)
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup fresh kale
- 2–3 tsp lemon juice (start with 2 tsp, and if you would like more add another tsp)
- 2 tbsp raw sunflower seeds or raw pecans (chopped in small pieces)
- 1/3 cup raw shredded parmesan cheese
- Rinse your dried quinoa several times (this will allow it not to be bitter).
- Boil your quinoa in salted water and cook for 20 minutes.
- Drain and rinse in cold water, set aside.
- In a large skillet melt butter and add garlic.
- Toss your garlic for about a minute and then add your kale and spinach.
- Cook several minutes to wilt your spinach and kale.
- Add your quinoa, lemon juice and parmesan cheese.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Toss in your raw sunflower seeds or raw pecans and cook another minute.
- Serve hot or cold.
All ingredients in this recipe are organic.
- Serving Size: Makes 1 1/2 cup, Serving size is 1/2 cup
- Calories: 206.6
- Fat: 13.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.2 g
- Protein: 7.1 g
Are you able to freeze?