On Sale Now for a limited time! Gluten Free Grain Free Breads, Batters & Doughs If you are gluten free or grain free, this book is for you! Breads, Batters & Doughs teaches you how to cook using alternative flours and offers a collection of incredible recipes! Use coupon code healthy2014 at checkout...

why-do-armpits-smell

Have you looked at the ingredients of your deodorant lately?  I have and I can tell you I have no idea what half of the ingredients are.  Our skin is our largest organ and the skin absorbs these unnatural ingredients/chemicals that are in these deodorants! I have been on a quest to not only change my diet with wholesome ingredients, but also to change my skincare products to all natural and homemade products.

For some time now, I have been searching for a natural alternative for deodorant.  I have tried straight coconut oil and that works well, but sometimes on hot and sticky days I was left with some slightly sticky and slightly wet arm pits.  So I kept searching for something that protected against wetness, stickiness, and order.  Well I finally found the perfect deodorant!  This recipe came from a friend of mine, Rhonda Harader Cain.  A lot of you might know Rhonda from our Facebook Page. She is an active member and offers a lot of great information (Thanks Rhonda!) :)

So here is the recipe.  It is made with 3 ingredients.  Coconut oil, arrowroot powder and baking soda!  That is it, how simple is that!  So the next time you are in need for some deodorant, try this…You won’t be disappointed!

How To Make Your Own Deodorant With Only 3 Natural Ingredients!

How To Make Your Own Deodorant With Only 3 Natural Ingredients!

Ingredients

• 1/3 cup coconut oil
  • 1/4 cup baking soda
  • 1/4 cup arrowroot powder

Instructions

1. Mix all the ingredients together and with a fork work the ingredients together to form a solid substance.
  2. Put your mixture/deodorant into a small airtight container.
  3. When you are ready to use, simple put a little under your arm pit and allow to dry for a few minutes.

Image Credit

This Post was featured on Monday Mania, Real Food Wednesday

Don’t have all the ingredients?  No problem!  Click on links below to see where you can purchase these items.

[easyazon-block align="none" asin="B002DY1FNC" locale="us"][easyazon-block align="none" asin="B001EO5Q64" locale="us"][easyazon-block align="none" asin="B0057Q1PWY" locale="us"]

21 thoughts on “How To Make Your Own Deodorant With Only 3 All Natural Ingredients!”

1. Janice Romanski Gardner says:

I will definitely try this!

2. Janice Romanski Gardner says:

I will definitely try this!

3. Whole Lifestyle Nutrition says:

I had my husband try this out today and it worked for him as well…it worked really well!

4. Whole Lifestyle Nutrition says:

5. Rhonda Harader Cain says:

I love it! I found the recipe on a blog but cannot remember the name of it. : ( I used Tea Tree Oil and a cinnamon/clove blend for essential oils.

6. Whole Lifestyle Nutrition says:

I figured you could add some kind of essential oil, but I just love the smell of coconut oil :) Wonder if you could add some baby powder Rhonda for a baby powder scented deodorant?

7. Rhonda Harader Cain says:

I would not see why & a great idea! I used Tea Tree oil due to its healing & antibacterial properties. I love the smell of cinnamon & cloves : )

8. Rhonda Harader Cain says:

9. Whole Lifestyle Nutrition says:

Cinnamon and cloves, Now that is a great idea!

10. ElizabethHallDurham says:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS RECIPE!!!!!  I have tried so many different deodorants and recipes and they don’t work or I am allergic to them.  This homemade deodorant is AMAZING to say the least!  By any chance do you or Rhonda have a shampoo and conditioner recipe (allergic to them too)?

1. hallecottis says:

@ElizabethHallDurham I am working on that and hope to have that out next week :)  I am glad you are enjoying this recipe!

11. Wow..it’s an awesome thing to make the use of natural substance and really a great idea to protect your skin. It’s amazing the image in this article identifies this article is all about the deodrant..

12. JoanneParker1 says:

Hi i made this and found it felt gritty any ideas where i have gone wrong or is it suppose to ???

1. hallecottis says:

JoanneParker1Try backing down a bit on the baking soda and that should help.  My last batch I used 6 tbsp of arrowroot and 2 tbsp of baking soda.  Other than being gritty for you (which I have not noticed in my batches), did the deodorant work for you?

1. JoanneParker1 says:

Only been using for 2 days but so far works really well ive ordered some e oils to experiment with so going to make some more with less bs when they come thankyou so much for replying x

13. Shella says:

Just get Honeybee Gardens deodorant.  It uses similar ingredients and is pretty cheap if you get it on an online deal.  I order 5 at a time on a deal and I think it comes out around $5.00.  One container lasts several weeks and works great.  This sounds really messy.  With Honeybee Gardens you don’t have to wait for it to dry.

1. lori says:

Is that a powder? Just looked it up on anazon and just saw powder deoderanr

14. Tiffany Ward says:

I read this and was like YES this is exactly what I need to do. My grandma had breast cancer (some where around her late 20s to early 30s) so my mom and I have been very careful since we’ve heard some of the ingrediants they put in store bought deodorant has a risk of causing breast cancer. We are tested every year since she has had three scares and I had my first at only 19 years old. I started using this recipy and haven’t had any lumps at all. Thank you so much for posting

15. I’m truly enjoying the design and layout of your site.
    It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and visit more often. Did you
    hire out a designer to create your theme? Superb work!

Add Comment Register