Have you looked at the ingredients of your deodorant lately? I have and I can tell you I have no idea what half of the ingredients are. Our skin is our largest organ and the skin absorbs these unnatural ingredients/chemicals that are in these deodorants! I have been on a quest to not only change my diet with wholesome ingredients, but also to change my skincare products to all natural and homemade products.
For some time now, I have been searching for a natural alternative for deodorant. I have tried straight coconut oil and that works well, but sometimes on hot and sticky days I was left with some slightly sticky and slightly wet arm pits. So I kept searching for something that protected against wetness, stickiness, and order. Well I finally found the perfect deodorant! This recipe came from a friend of mine, Rhonda Harader Cain. A lot of you might know Rhonda from our Facebook Page. She is an active member and offers a lot of great information (Thanks Rhonda!)
So here is the recipe. It is made with 3 ingredients. Coconut oil, arrowroot powder and baking soda! That is it, how simple is that! So the next time you are in need for some deodorant, try this…You won’t be disappointed!
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- Mix all the ingredients together and with a fork work the ingredients together to form a solid substance.
- Put your mixture/deodorant into a small airtight container.
- When you are ready to use, simple put a little under your arm pit and allow to dry for a few minutes.
Don’t have all the ingredients? No problem! Click on links below to see where you can purchase these items.
- Arrowroot Powder Organic - Manihot Esculenta, 1 lb,(Starwest Botanicals)
- Price: $5.84
- Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, 15-Ounce Tubs (Pack of 2)
- Price: $11.00