I have always loved a great quiche. It is perfect for a brunch and reheats up really well for a quick breakfast when you need to get out the door fast.
You can change a quiche up by changing the toppings. This quiche I used bacon and mushrooms. My last quiche I made was sausage and onions. There are so many possibilities when making a quiche!
I should also mention that this is a grain free and gluten free quiche. The potatoes are such a nice change from the traditional crust of a quiche.
Why not give this quiche a try. I don’t think you will be disappointed, it is absolutely wonderful!
Nutrition Info Calories: 268.2 Fat: 14.4g Carbohydrates: 18.9g Protein: 16.2g
- 4 cups uncooked organic potatoes, shredded
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 large organic egg
- 6 large organic eggs
- 1/2 cup organic ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup shredded raw cheese of choice
- 6 pieces of cooked bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 6-8 oz fresh mushrooms (sautéed)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a food processer, shred potatoes and transfer to a large bowl.
- Salt potatoes and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze the water out of the potatoes and place in another dry bowl.
- Add salt, parmesan cheese, and egg and mix until well blended.
- Press firmly into a greased 9" pie dish or individual greased ramekins.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- For filling mix together eggs, ricotta, water, salt and pepper into the food processor.
- Pulse several times allowing the mixture to become well blended. Transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Remove potato crust from oven (after 20 minutes is up), and add the bacon, mushrooms and cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over the top and return back to oven for another 40 minutes, or until eggs are set.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Your support keeps this blog running and is greatly appreciated. AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. DISCLAIMER: The content on the blog Whole Lifestyle Nutrition is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice. I am not a medical professional and the information contained on this blog should not be used to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease or health illness. Please consult with a qualified health care professional before acting on any information presented here.